The Panopticon is now watching select locations in the Sudan, Chad and DRC at 2.5 meters resolution. The entire country of Zimbabwe is available at 2.5 meters. Below is satellite imagery for Harare and Umm Ruwabah.
Patrick Meier, PhDiRevolutions has 2+Million hits!
Patrick is an internationally recognized expert and consultant on humanitarian technology and innovation. Book: Digital Humanitarians. Previously: UN, World Bank, Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, Ushahidi. PhD from Fletcher School, Pre-Doctoral Fellow at Stanford and MA at Columbia. Born & raised in Africa.
Sign up here for my Newsletter
Follow on Twitter: @patrickmeier
Table of Contents
Popular Posts This Week
- "No Data is Better Than Bad Data..." Really?
- Mobile Technologies for Conflict Management
- On Synchrony, Technology and Revolutions: The Political Power of Synchronized Resistance
- Is Ushahidi a Liberation Technology?
- MicroMappers: Towards Next Generation Humanitarian Technology
- Aerial Imagery Analysis: Combining Crowdsourcing and Artificial Intelligence
- Using #Mythbuster Tweets to Tackle Rumors During Disasters
- New! Online Training for Humanitarian Drone Missions
- Meet the Youngest Drone Pilots in Fiji
- Testing Underwater Drones: Lessons Learned from the South Pacific
- Field Testing Medical Cargo Drones in the DR
- Empowering Youths in Fiji to Explore their Islands with Aerial and Marine Robotics
- How Mosquitos are Hitching a Ride on Drones to Reduce Zika
- Entire Fleet of Cargo Drones Tested in the Amazon Rainforest
- Digital Humanitarians in Space: Planet Launches Rapid Response Team
- How to Defeat Zika with Flying Robots
- The Future of Crisis Mapping is Finally Here
- Global Thought Leadership in Social Sector Robotics
- Creating a League of Luxury Yachts for Disaster Response
- Humanitarian Robotics, Murphy’s Law and What To Do About It
- How To Coordinate UAV Deployments During Disasters
- How Zanzibaris are Hacking Flying Robots
- Cargo Drones Deliver in the Amazon Rainforest
- First Ever Cargo Drone Deliveries in Amazon Rainforest
- The Most Comprehensive Study on Drones in Humanitarian Action
- Aerial Robotics and Agriculture: Opportunities for the Majority World
- What Happens When the Media Sends Drone Teams to Disasters?