A good friend of mine works as a professional jazz singer in Shanghai. She recently tried to access my iRevolution blog but without success. However, she did note that Wikipedia is finally accessible as well as other blog sites. The Great Chinese Firewall appears to be filtering my blog. Shucks. In better news though, I successfully defended my dissertation proposal today, so I can finally get back to blogging on a more regular basis.
Patrick Meier, PhDiRevolutions has 2+Million hits!
Patrick is an internationally recognized expert and consultant on humanitarian technology and innovation. Book: Digital Humanitarians. Previously: UN, World Bank, Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, Ushahidi. PhD from Fletcher School, Pre-Doctoral Fellow at Stanford and MA at Columbia. Born & raised in Africa.
Sign up here for my Newsletter
Follow on Twitter: @patrickmeier
Table of Contents
Popular Posts This Week
- Social Media: The First 2,000 Years
- Using AIDR to Collect and Analyze Tweets from Chile Earthquake
- Mapping Massacres: GIS and State Terror in Guatemala
- Rescue Robotics: An Introduction
- A Force for Good: How Digital Jedis are Responding to the Nepal Earthquake (Updated)
- Why Anonymity is Important for Truth and Trustworthiness Online
- The Rise of CrisisMapping and the CrisisMappers Group
- Drones and the Coronavirus: Do these applications make any sense?
- WeRobotics for Humans in a Hurry
- Technology for Good is Broken. Here’s How We’re Trying to Fix It.
- Decolonizing Medical Cargo Drone Technology: Step 1
- Back to the Future: Drones in Humanitarian Action
- Testing Agile Cargo Drone Delivery to Improve Healthcare
- Drone Charter on Equal Opportunity and Inclusion
- Building Cargo Drone Expertise in Papua New Guinea
- How Local Drone Pilots Are Reducing Dengue Fever
- How Drone Natives are Decolonizing Robotics
- New! Online Training for Humanitarian Drone Missions
- Meet the Youngest Drone Pilots in Fiji
- Testing Underwater Drones: Lessons Learned from the South Pacific
- Field Testing Medical Cargo Drones in the DR
- Empowering Youths in Fiji to Explore their Islands with Aerial and Marine Robotics
- How Mosquitos are Hitching a Ride on Drones to Reduce Zika
- Entire Fleet of Cargo Drones Tested in the Amazon Rainforest
- Digital Humanitarians in Space: Planet Launches Rapid Response Team
- How to Defeat Zika with Flying Robots
- The Future of Crisis Mapping is Finally Here