A colleague of mine recently flagged this automated, quasi real-time crisis map: Global Incident Map. The map displays the latest 25 terror-related incidents using customized icons. These include markers for suspicious devices, bus hijackings, airport incidents, etc. Clicking on the icon provides a link to local news report(s) concerning the event. The service is subscription based so I wasn’t able to tinker around as much as I would have liked.
Patrick Meier, PhDiRevolutions has 2+Million hits!
Patrick is an internationally recognized expert and consultant on humanitarian technology and innovation. Book: Digital Humanitarians. Previously: UN, World Bank, Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, Ushahidi. PhD from Fletcher School, Pre-Doctoral Fellow at Stanford and MA at Columbia. Born & raised in Africa.
Sign up here for my Newsletter
Follow on Twitter: @patrickmeier
Table of Contents
Popular Posts This Week
- Humanitarian Robotics: The $15 Billion Question?
- The Value of Timely Information During Disasters (Measured in Hours)
- On Humanitarian Innovation versus Robotic Natives
- The Starfish and the Spider: 8 Principles of Decentralization
- Artificial Intelligence Powered by Crowdsourcing: The Future of Big Data and Humanitarian Action
- New: List of Software for UAVs and Aerial Imagery
- How Mosquitos are Hitching a Ride on Drones to Reduce Zika
- Entire Fleet of Cargo Drones Tested in the Amazon Rainforest
- Digital Humanitarians in Space: Planet Launches Rapid Response Team
- How to Defeat Zika with Flying Robots
- The Future of Crisis Mapping is Finally Here
- Global Thought Leadership in Social Sector Robotics
- Creating a League of Luxury Yachts for Disaster Response
- Humanitarian Robotics, Murphy’s Law and What To Do About It
- How To Coordinate UAV Deployments During Disasters
- How Zanzibaris are Hacking Flying Robots
- Cargo Drones Deliver in the Amazon Rainforest
- First Ever Cargo Drone Deliveries in Amazon Rainforest
- The Most Comprehensive Study on Drones in Humanitarian Action
- Aerial Robotics and Agriculture: Opportunities for the Majority World
- What Happens When the Media Sends Drone Teams to Disasters?
- Why Robots Are Flying Over Zanzibar and the Source of the Nile
- Using Sound and Artificial Intelligence to Detect Human Rights Violations
- Using Swimming Robots to Warn Villages of Himalayan Tsunamis
- Could These Swimming Robots Help Local Communities?
- Reverse Robotics: A Brief Thought Experiment