MAPme can be used to “create anything from travel guides for any entire country, or a detailed view of a specific street. The maps can be personal (and private if required) or community based (where content is moderated) or a complete free for all (where anyone can contribute). Hopefully these various map ‘types’ will give map creators enough flexibility to adjust the way that other people view and relate to the maps they create. Users can add images, videos and comments, which means that the map content can be dynamic. Other features are on the way, including the ability to add trails and a Facebook Application.”
Patrick Meier, PhDiRevolutions has 2+Million hits!
Patrick is an internationally recognized expert and consultant on humanitarian technology and innovation. Book: Digital Humanitarians. Previously: UN, World Bank, Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, Ushahidi. PhD from Fletcher School, Pre-Doctoral Fellow at Stanford and MA at Columbia. Born & raised in Africa.
Sign up here for my Newsletter
Follow on Twitter: @patrickmeier
Table of Contents
Popular Posts This Week
- How to Verify Social Media Content: Some Tips and Tricks on Information Forensics
- A List of Completely Wrong Assumptions About Technology Use in Emerging Economies
- My Thoughts on Gladwell's Article in The New Yorker, Part 2
- The World at Night Through the Eyes of the Crowd
- The Starfish and the Spider: 8 Principles of Decentralization
- Crisis Mapping Syria: Automated Data Mining and Crowdsourced Human Intelligence
- Drones and the Coronavirus: Do these applications make any sense?
- WeRobotics for Humans in a Hurry
- Technology for Good is Broken. Here’s How We’re Trying to Fix It.
- Decolonizing Medical Cargo Drone Technology: Step 1
- Back to the Future: Drones in Humanitarian Action
- Testing Agile Cargo Drone Delivery to Improve Healthcare
- Drone Charter on Equal Opportunity and Inclusion
- Building Cargo Drone Expertise in Papua New Guinea
- How Local Drone Pilots Are Reducing Dengue Fever
- How Drone Natives are Decolonizing Robotics
- New! Online Training for Humanitarian Drone Missions
- Meet the Youngest Drone Pilots in Fiji
- Testing Underwater Drones: Lessons Learned from the South Pacific
- Field Testing Medical Cargo Drones in the DR
- Empowering Youths in Fiji to Explore their Islands with Aerial and Marine Robotics
- How Mosquitos are Hitching a Ride on Drones to Reduce Zika
- Entire Fleet of Cargo Drones Tested in the Amazon Rainforest
- Digital Humanitarians in Space: Planet Launches Rapid Response Team
- How to Defeat Zika with Flying Robots
- The Future of Crisis Mapping is Finally Here